Video Production Specialist
$43,780 – $71,799 a year
Full Job Description
To perform professional level video production duties in the creation of programming for SIB TV, SIB Radio, and web and social media platforms; assist in the daily operation of SIB TV and SIB Radio; assist with web and social media platforms as needed; provide coverage of city events, producing live and live-to-recording City Commission Meetings, Workshops, and events as needed; acquire professional quality digital still images for City publications.
This position is classified as non-exempt, full-time with an anticipated forty (40) hour work week.
Illustrative Examples of Essential Duties: This is not intended as a comprehensive list; it is intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may be required to perform all duties listed, and may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
- Perform the full scope of video production tasks in the office and in the field, including but not limited to scripting, videotaping, directing, producing and editing video productions.
- Provide City event coverage through the use of digital video and still.
- Create and implement graphics to be used in all formats of web, video and print publications.
- Responsible for logging footage and maintaining City’s master digital media archives and provide duplication services of materials as requested.
- Assist in the operation of Government Access Channel SIB TV, including creating and scheduling content, designing and creating graphics that conform to established branding parameters, recording and scheduling voiceover audio tracks and updating content.
- Assist in the operation and scheduling of SIB Radio, including writing, recording, and mixing audio content.
- Communicate project status and timelines effectively to appropriate stakeholders.
- Assist and coordinate the maintenance and repair of equipment as necessary as well as maintain up to date knowledge of new technologies related to video production and make recommendations regarding their potential adoption.
- Assists with online media and emergency public information duties as needed.
- Performs additional task as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience applying theories of video production skills, including principles of acquiring raw footage, principles of audio recording, lighting, and live production techniques, motion graphics and editing.
- Knowledge and experience operating professional level video and audio equipment, including digital video and still camera equipment, mixers, switchers, character generators and lighting instruments, as well as personal computers and general office equipment.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, including Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Photoshop required. Proficiency in Word Press preferred.
- Ability to conceptualize an idea, produce each element, edit it into a cohesive product and deliver it on time and on budget.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work independently, at times with limited direction, as well as collaboratively as a member of a team; establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, coworkers, and elected and appointed officials.
- Ability to perform duties with initiative and exercise competent judgment.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to interface with all levels of City personnel and residents and maintain cooperative, respectful and supportive relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to work a non-traditional schedule including nights, weekends and holidays on a regular basis.
- Ability to recommend appropriate technology to meet client needs.
Minimum Requirements:Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Digital Multimedia, Video Production or related field; Two (2) years experience in TV Production; or any acceptable related combination of training and experience.
- Experience in Government Access TV Production preferred.
Licenses or Certifications:
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) license to operate a drone preferred; or ability to acquire license within six (6) months of employment.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
The essential job functions of this position will require the employee to perform the following physical activities. Employee accommodations for physical or mental disabilities will be considered on a case-by-case basis:
On a continuous basis, sit at desk and/or stand for long periods of time. Regularly required to walk. Regularly required to see, hear and talk with employees and the public. Regularly required to read and/or present documents, write or use keyboard to communicate through written means. On occasion required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, taste, or smell. Intermittently twist and reach office equipment; lift or carry weight regularly of 10 to 40 pounds and on occasion weight of up to 50 pounds. On occasion may be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. Specific vision requirements include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Frequently requires sufficient physical strength and coordination for lifting, pushing, pulling, and/or carrying the weight of audio-visual equipment.
- There is a one-year probationary period.
- It is the responsibility of the incumbent to maintain their licenses and/or certifications as a job requirement.