Regional Placement Coordinator
partment: Workforce Training & Employment
Reports To: Regional Career Development Coordinator
Date Prepared/Revised: November 2019
Under the general direction of the Regional Career Development Coordinator for WTE, the RPC places students per contractual guidelines; monitors post-placement student activity; and provides additional placement support throughout the follow-up period as designated by WTE. Works with the RCDC to ensure all post-placement data is updated and entered into the HBI data system. Uses independent judgment in selecting job opportunities and placements. Works with all instructors in preparing and determining the job readiness of participants in HBI’s PACT Program. Considerable travel involved and may require use of personal vehicle. Handles confidential information.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Conducts employability skills training to participants.
- Contacts prospective employers and develops job opportunities for completers.
- Collaborates with instructors and students to determine job readiness of all students, such as completion of Skills Achievement Records (SAR), individual performance goals and employability plans.
- Works with instructors and their students to determine student job readiness. Advises RCDC of progress and communicates any concerns.
- Conducts periodic follow-up on students’ progress on the job.
- Works closely with the RCDC in fulfilling the placement and follow-up needs of programs assigned. Assists other RPCs, when possible, in job development and placement responsibilities for students assigned.
- Places students per contractual guidelines and, when required, collaborates with the RCDC to assist in the placement of students. Conducts periodic follow-ups on students’ progress after the initial job placement.
- Assists students with housing, transportation, and other needs.
- Ensures that all placement and student information is entered into all HBI data systems in an accurate and timely manner.
- Completes and submits reports or assignments in a timely manner. Maintains an accurate file of placement and student information for programs assigned. Gathers and forwards placement documents in a timely manner.
- Makes presentations to variety of industry groups such as state and local trade associations to promote the hiring of WTE students.
- Participates in local events to promote the hiring of WTE students.
- Fosters and participates in the recruitment, training, and placement of graduates in the building industry.
- Maintains effective communication with staff to facilitate placement.
- Domestic travel as required in-state and out-of-state (up to 50% annually).
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Internal: Communicates with staff at all levels, regarding WTE placement activities.
External: Communicates with funding agencies and partners and a wide variety of industry groups, in both union and non-union sectors, regarding placement opportunities and transition services.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in employee placement activities and/or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and direct diverse individuals and employers.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, through a variety of media, with a wide range of government, industry, union, and other groups and individuals.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of the construction trades preferred.
- Experience with personal computers and a wide variety of software including databases and Microsoft Office.
- Current valid state driver’s license and reliable transportation are required.
- Ability to travel up to 50% annually is required.
- Depending on program or funder requirements, may need to complete Protective Action Response training, an extensive criminal background screening, and/or a workplace productivity assessment.
Usual office-type working conditions. Routine physical conditions include walking, carrying, standing, hearing/listening and sitting.