Goodman JFS of Broward
Full Job Description
Front Desk Receptionist
Our busy nonprofit social service agency in Davie has a full-time opening for a polished individual with extremely strong customer service skills. You are the first one a client has contact with to create a first impression. The right candidate must have EXPERIENCE IN FRONT DESK with a professional positive can-do attitude, professionalism, solid experience with managing busy incoming phone lines, and proficiently able to schedule and verify patient appointments, check – in/check-out, answer and triage incoming calls. The successful candidate must be outgoing, personable, friendly, and organized, with excellent customer service skills, a team player and dedicated to high-quality client care. Our candidate must be able to multi-task, manage multiple phone lines, manage and correspond with incoming emails, scan and document, and have experience working in an EMR database. Must possess strong customer service and communication skills and enjoys working with generally an older population of clients. Must be professional in appearance and in attitude; general administrative tasks as needed.
Access to confidential information:
- Will have access to client case records
- Will collect funds (cash, credit cards or check
Employee Interaction: All staff, volunteers, Board members, other professionals, other organizations, service providers and the general public.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Able to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. Will require sitting for an extended period of time.
- Ability to effectively use office equipment (including, but not limited to, computer, phone, fax machine, printer/copier machine) and computer systems to fulfill essential functions of the position.
- Able to lift/carry objects up to 10 pounds over short distances
- Includes meetings, driving, climbing stairs and walking to/from clients’ homes, food deliveries,
- Highs School Diploma/GED.
- Superior customer service skills
- Intermediate computer skills, Microsoft word, calendar, excel
- Attributes important for this position include problem solving, sensitivity, analytical ability, strong communication and interpersonal skills, patience, flexibility, and ability to function independently.
- An understanding of Jewish values and traditions is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $18.50 per hour